Friday, October 9, 2009

Eat Your Heart Out Martha Stewart!!

I randomly got tipped $5 today.

To some of my friends still out in Las Vegas, this might seem pretty normal--a day to day event even. Here in Pittsburgh, QUITE the opposite! I was planning on using said $5 for a happy little trip to my favorite spot on 6th and Penn for today's Pumpkin Spice Latte #2 (thank you Patrice) but while I was on break, I noticed a group of housekeepers milling around the table pictured here:

Apparently, the hotel is selling off old furniture from our recent remodel. This piece was a total STEAL for $5... I took it as a sign! Gently used, the top is totally scratched so I'm planning on painting it to help the decorative design of the wood work "pop" a little more. I'm even thinking of finding some local sports headlines & pictures to glue to the surface then painting the rest black and gold.

What has HGTV done to me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment