Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hazy Thoughts in a Definite World

I find a certain comfort in having poor vision. 

When I take off my glasses, the world blurs together in a wonderful array of color and light and shapes.

Details are an afterthought. 

Nothing makes sense and nothing really has to.  I can feel my way through the world using my hands, my emotions and my sensibility.  Like Luke, I just know "its" there without seeing "it" with my eyes.

These are the things I think about in the shower, with my hair soaking wet and the scent of sweetpea floating through the air.  With Gwen and Moby singing South Side in the background, I gaze at the tile and consider how perfectly lovely it is when soft edges of beige and white meet uncertainly instead of so abruptly.

What a beautiful mess it is.  What a horrible blessing to see without seeing.  And to think, I can do it whenever I want!  Whenever I feel like losing myself in nonsense, I can just... take off my glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment