Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stop! Yoga Time



What's up?  My legs, thats whats up.  Doin a headstand muthafuka!!

My friend Richard (@Tangelo6969) and I went to our first Yoga class this evening.  I can honestly say I've never felt so good.  I'm suddenly inspired to be more healthy, eat more healthy, drink more water and get more sleep...

Which is exactly why I'm starting this blog at 11pm when I have to be up for work in 6 hours.  I make good decisions.

Afterwards, the Boyfriend took me to Panera where I ordered an Iced Green Tea and one of their new fangled salads with antibiotic-free grilled chicken, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries and awesome.  

The class was basically exactly what I thought it would be: centering, spiritual, calming.

What I wasn't expecting was Anuloma Viloma, aka Alternate Nostril Breathing.  I don't want to get into specifics here but what I will say is listening to women aged 35 and over trying to breath through their nostrils is not a pretty sound.  Every inhale sounded as though an air conditioner kicked on and every exhale sounded like said air conditioner died.  

It took everything in me to keep from laughing.

The last thing I remember my instructor saying was "realize you can take this sense of calm with you out of this room and carry it with you throughout the next week."  I felt refreshed and invigorated.  I felt like I could take on the world.  So I came home and made myself some tea and got in bed.  Now, as I lay here with my tea and my laptop, I realize that my body is not going to put up with me doing much of anything tomorrow.

I can't wait to go back.  Richard and I have plans to go back next Wednesday (since they're closed on Monday for Labor Day).  The Boyfriend has said he might be interested in joining us and the Best Friend said he wanted to start getting back in the habit of yoga too.  

How awesome.  Leave it to me to find a 3 man entourage to tote with me to a yoga class.  

As a side note: Boyfriend and I went to see Maroon 5 last night at Station Square.  See my Facebook for pictures and videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment