Sunday, September 11, 2011

#GnealsBigAdventure

Public Service Announcement: I have no life.

My mom, @omgitsjensmom on twitter, and Dad went out of town this weekend. While they were away, they asked me and my boyfriend, @omgitsjensbf on twitter, to look after their fish. Nevermind he and I live on the North Side and they live out in Westmoreland County...

So, after I got off work tonight at 11pm, my boyfriend and I took a drive out to my parents house to feed the fish. Literally, to JUST feed the fish...

When we got there, one was pretty dead and the rest weren't eating. I suspect they were mourning the loss of their fallen comrade but who knows. They're fish.

Since we had just driven 45 minutes to feed my mom's fish (literally to JUST feed the fish), I looked around the house for food to steal for myself... I'm their kid after all, I'm entitled to eat their food! But, since they're gone for a week, they had pretty much gone through everything and Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard was bare. I found some potatoes and A1 sauce but that was about it.

Not to be deterred from being a complete ass to my mother, I opted to take something else... or rather kidnap.

My mother sort of has this thing for garden gnomes. She collects them, she names them and she keeps them all around the house. There's dozens of them and all their names start with N because she thinks things like Gned the Gnome is hilarious. She has Steelers gnomes, David the Gnome look a likes, gnomes with a hat, gnomes with no hat, gnomes with shovels, gnomes with buckets, gnomes that are planters... its fucking ridiculous.

So I took the prize of the collections: Gneal. Named after James Neal of the Pittsburgh Penguins because... he's a Pens Gnome.

I went back out to the car smirking at how clever I was. Originally, I was planning on just keeping him at my house until my folks came to pick him up so they can enjoy the 45 minute drive to the North Side and back.

However, once we got back on 376, I had an epiphany.  Why just hold him hostage when I can rub in Mom's face how much more fun he has living with me than he does living with her???!!

So begins Gneals Big Adventure.

Gneal the Gnome in the Squirrel Hill Tunnels
Wednesday is pretty much going to be the big day for Gneal.  He's coming with me to yoga, he's probably going to be seen in and around Market Square, his presence has been requested by @lvallana to come see her at the Zoo.  We may go to the Inclines and Station Square too... if you'd like to meet us, shoot me an email or a message on Twitter and we'll figure out a way to make it happen!

All the pictures will be posted.

1 comment: