Friday, May 22, 2009

3 Day Catch-Up (Subtitled: I've Been Busy as Hell and My Life is OUT of Control WOO!)

Life gets so out of hand sometimes.

Luckily, they invented Xanex to cure Life. Unfortunately, I don't have any Xanex. I've found a good substitution for Xanex is beer, sex, hockey and getting your hair done (in any order and possibly over the course of a few days).

First: I FINALLY got my hair cut. YES! Super summer deal of a layered bob thats shorter in the back and angled down in the front with blonde on blonde lowlights and blonde highlights and a medium brown underneath. And honestly, even the modest part of me thinks I look great! Just to keep my ego in check, I'm publishing a picture I sent to my Hot-as-Balls Boyfriend when he asked if I'd gone for the Platinum Blonde Life (yes he gets bonus points for the Gwen Stefani/No Doubt reference).

Anyway, here's the picture:

WOO!

Just in case you were wondering, that skin color is totally natural... I'm so white you can actually see through me and God forbid I expose myself to sunlight. Its been reported that you can actually see me from the moon when I stand outside on a hot summer's day.

Hottie Boombalotti hair pix will follow when I get to them (circa Toronto trip).

Speaking of which, I just found out that I won't be able to use my phone when I'm in Toronto. I am PISSED! Not so much because I won't be able to make phone calls but no texting, no internet access, no Twitter... No BLOGGING??? What the fuck am I going to do for a week?

My Hot-as-Balls Boyfriend, of course. God DUH!

Here's something I learned about myself today: I'm legitimately insane. Why? Ok, well... I've had these Data charges coming up on my Verizon bill for about 6 months now. I thought my Data charges were covered since I was on a premium plan with them. They were $2.99, $5.96... real piddly charge amounts that I always wondered about but never really cared to investigate because I just didn't give that much of a damn to wait on hold for 20 minutes to get $3 refunded or credited.

But when I heard about YinzCam, I had to confirm that my LG DARE was not WiFi capable before heading to Mellon Arena. Repeat: $3 was not worth the wait, but YinzCam was.

I now feel dreadfully inferior to iPhone users because if I'd just gone ahead and gotten the iPhone 9 months ago, I totally would be able to blog, twitter and text in Toronto with the complimentary wifi that the hotel provides. Not to mention, I'd be able to access YinzCam at the games.

Dammit, man!

But(!!!!) I also "heard through the grapevine" (aka the Customer Service Rep that I spoke to today) that Verizon might be getting the next version of the iPhone exclusively and that in Feb 2010, I can totally upgrade. That's a long time for me to wait now that I know for sure my LG Dare (while totally baller in most every way) is sort of way more inferior than I already knew.

Anyway, my boyfriend's mom is doing better after her surgery, which is a relief. She's doing well, he's doing well, his family's doing well, everyone's doing well... She was released from the hospital this afternoon but early Doctor's reports say that the tumor has definitely grown back. We have to wait a week to find out the nature of it (is it benign or malignant?) then from there we get to find out treatment options.

My boyfriend gave her the flowers I got her from Rosebud downtown on 7th and Ft Dusquesne. He said she liked them. The bouquets there are really very pretty, I'd honestly recommend them. They kept very well for 2 days before she got them, were reasonably priced and just lovely.

Onto more fun topics: my Hot-as-Balls boyfriend and I had every intention of watching the Pens game tonight down at Mellon Arena. Unfortunately my lunch/shopping date with Mom ran over and he got stuck in midday traffic on 376 outbound. Meaning, he didn't get a chance to pick me up until after 6. By that time it was standing room only down at the Jumbotron, see:


Long story short, we ended up at Primanti's in Market Square by the 3rd period. Honestly, we should have just gone there from the giddyup. It wasn't slow but it wasn't busy, there were 4 high def TVs around the bar and just enough Yinzers to keep it entertaining without being totally obnoxious.

The game itself was amazing! Geno scored a hat trick, Kris Letang BEAT SOME ASS (WOO!) and Miro Satan got kicked out of the game!!!

Who knew that Miro was such a little beast? Satan really is working on being my absolutely favorite player... this kid got told to go back to the Baby Pens midseason then was brought back from the Baby Pens for the last few games against the Flyers in the playoffs, had some shaky moments and finally stepped his game up over the past three. He made Cam Ward look like a rookie in Game 1 then gets ejected at the end of Game 2... God whats he got in store for us once he gets to Carolina? Game 3 Killing Spree? Go Satan!

Wow its 1:30am, I have to be up for work at 5am. But... I have Saturday off too! So only 8hrs between me and a day off. For the first time in about 3 weeks, I feel like I'll be able to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment