Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh I'm Doin' It!

I was talking to my friend Robby last night who reminded me of a very important fact:

I'm fuckin' great!

Somewhere along this crazy journey called life, I lost sight of that. I realize now that I've been so wrapped up with the daily ho-hums that I actually allowed myself to get distracted from my ultimate goal: the betterment of Me!

This is like a re-revolution for me, a new empowerment. I get to take back control of my life (again) in the form that I want to control it. Yeehaw.

Some people call it selfishness. I call it liberation. It's a re-prioritizing. While I care what my loved ones think and feel, its my world that's the most important to me.

So, all in all, I guess being selfish sort of does fall under my New Year's Resolution of "Make Better Choices." Putting myself ahead of everyone else just means that when I do something nice for people, its because I want to... not because I feel like I have to.

In the end, I think that's really what its all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment