Saturday, May 1, 2010

Clean Up on Aisle Deux.

I had to work through the game tonight so my "pseudo-half-assed-recap" is going to be "fully-non-existent." With that in mind, I'd like to share my favorite part of Pens/Habs 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs Game 1:

ASPEN DENTAL'S: The Play that Made Me Smile

From what I've heard, it sounds like Jaro isn't exactly the superhuman, god-like goaltender that Les Habitants were touting him to be since the Caps started golfing on 4/28. I hope Halak enjoyed being a God for 48hrs. If he's lucky, he'll be able to ride the coattails of Versus crack (addict) commentating staff that claimed he was "tired from the series with Washington."

Meanwhile, Craig Adams was quoted as saying, "I've scored twice in something like 105 games... the 2nd one was against Halak. We're good, thanks."

On another Penguins related note, my new jersey's record is now 2-0 and made its first appearance on East Carson tonight. It rightfully got the attention I feel it deserved. Drunk guys yelling "Hey Bob Errey! Hey that girl's wearing an Errey jersey. Hey Errey!" at me is a good homage to the Bibster.

Ditto the guys who stopped me on the way back to the car demanding to know who's name was on the back of my number 12 throwback. I turned around to proudly display the ERREY on the back, thinking to myself, "Who the fuck else would it be?"

It didn't dawn on me until 5 minutes later when I saw some dumb Pitt student wearing a Ryan Malone shersey why these two jagoffs would be so inquisitive... they were trying to monitor exactly how big, if any, a jersey foul I was committing.

So, with that in mind, I did what any other totally sober Pens fan would do tonight on East Carson. I yelled out my car window.

"Hey dude! Ryan Malone didn't make the playoffs!"

I live for the "WTF?" looks I get from random people on the South Side.


No comments:

Post a Comment