Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Was Too Drunk to Watch the Game

So... the Habs won last night.  Benching Ponikarovsky totally made all the difference, didn't it?
 
:)
 
Honestly, I'm pretty ok with it.  Gill was out, Sid scored a goal.  Spacek was in and... well whatever.  You know, its not easy to take a team that's so "deeply steeped in tradition" seriously when their fans boo some of the best players currently the league.
 
Anyway...
 
Fathead's is a great place to socialize and drink, especially on a Monday Wing Night, but I will not be going back for a game.  EVER.  There's never any seating for a large part, while there are TV's available but they're small and in limited numbers.  When you've been drinking, its impossible to follow the puck on such a small screen.
 
Yes, I'm spoiled.
 
So, all things considered, as soon as Cammelleri scored that first goal, I buried my face in my shot of jager with @OMGitsScottP and @Brian_Metzer and enjoyed my Magic Hat No. 9's in salute to Pascal Dupuis and wasn't heard from again for the rest of the night.
 
Ok that last bit was a total lie but I quit paying attention to hockey.
 
I have to work for Game 7 so I won't be be able to watch the boys bring the pain tomorrow night.  I'm not worried, though.  I work near 3 bridges so I'll just have to pick a number: 6, 7 or 9, if the Pens opt to make it difficult on us fans.
 
On a much more personal note:
 
Dear Pittsburgh Penguins,
 
I work in a hotel.  In said hotel, there is a guest.  This guest checked in with me on Sunday night and told me that he, as a Habs fan, was hoping you'd lose the game on Monday because he had tickets for the game on Wednesday night.  I told him, "Sir, there is NO WAY its going to happen."
 
Well we all know differently now, don't we?
 
So now, he came rolling in just a few minutes ago with a big smile on his face.  "Jennifer, I get to go to the big game tomorrow!"
 
So please, for the Love of Badger Bob, please!  Give me a reason to celebrate when this guy comes strolling back in after the game tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Jager is deilicios 2)Yes, Fatheads is off the list of places to watch a game. 3) Jager is delicious. 4) To paraphrase Badger Bob, they let you lose three in a series, just don't lose more than that.

    ReplyDelete