Monday, October 11, 2010

Boyfriend Post: Aww Babe!!!

A few days ago, I had a conversation with my best girlfriend that included me talking about what a man's man my boyfriend is, he's a handy Mr. Fix-It that doesn't buy into all that romance crap.

He shows his love for me in different ways, like waking up at 6am to drive me to work when he's got the day off or taking me out for sushi when he hates it or going to the theatre to see A Midsummer Night's Dream when he has no idea what the hell brand of English Shakespeare was speaking.

He does stuff like this because he loves me.  There's never a doubt in my mind how much my boyfriend loves me.

Keep this in mind while I take you on a story:

So today, he got out of school early and was able to pick me up after work instead of meeting at The Sharp Edge downtown to watch the afternoon Pens game.  It was a surprise and I was already in the process of changing out of my uniform when I got his textr so he was a little taken aback when I got into the car in jeans.

He seemed upset but true to man's man form, he didn't want to talk about it.  I didn't press the issue much although I could tell he was mad.  I figured he'd tell me he was ready and he did.  Then, just before puck drop, he told me he was going to get a hair cut and would be back later.

Ok what the hell?

So... I sat down to watch the game... alone... at home.  Halfway through the 2nd Period, I started wondering where he was and if he was ever coming home.

I'm not going to lie, I was starting to get annoyed.

As if on cue, the front door opened.  He came into the living room and handed me:

A Bouquet of Pink Roses
I was shocked.  My boyfriend isn't the type of guy to bring flowers home for me!  I almost didn't know what to say.  "Babe!  Why?" I managed to squeak out.  "You didn't have to do this..."

"I know," he said.  "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for earlier and... Babe, I love you so much and sometimes I forget.  I just don't want you to."

I was all kinds of "OMG"

My boyfriend totes kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment