Friday, October 1, 2010

Yesterday's Girl is Tomorrow's Woman

OMG TIME IS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL
It occurred to me today that this time last year I made a plan for myself.

Well sort of...

I wanted to be busier or more specifically, I wanted to have more on my plate.  My goal was to get a planner/organizer/agenda and actually have a decent use for it (that didn't include using the address book for pointless bullshit).

Welp, today I fulfilled that goal.  I've become so nearly overwhelmed in my work and personal life that $45 on a personal organizer seemed like such a deal.  With random projects to be done at work, scheduling work, yoga and now hockey season, dealing with puppy time, making sure I hang out with my awesome boyfriend and forgetting to do laundry or order checks I'm left wondering...

When the hell did I become a grown up???

Not that I'm not grateful for where I am and how I got here but seriously, it's like I fell asleep one night 5 years ago in Las Vegas and woke up as a 30 something in Pittsburgh.

You know, I've heard on The Today Show about "today's woman" and how busy she is, how stressful it can be for her to try and balance work and kids and husband and personal time.  I never thought I'd find myself hip deep in it.  Of course I don't have the kids but I do have a puppy.  I don't have a husband but I've got the Boyfriend.  I've got work but balancing personal life with it has proven to be outstandingly difficult and has since resulted in more than one migraine and stomach problem.

I've finally admitted that I may be under more stress than I realize.

So I guess this is a lesson in be careful of what you wish for.  I definitely got it in this case.

Figures I'd get stress instead of a billion dollars!

1 comment:

  1. I get exactly where you’re coming from; together with I unquestionably enjoy the write-up. It’s a given I will convey to all my close friends about it, very authentic. Bye for the time being.

    ReplyDelete