Sunday, October 3, 2010

Midnight Musings: Afterthought

What a Beautiful Catastrophe


Random Reason I'm Cool:

In 5th Grade, Mrs. McCabe went around the class and asked us all what we wanted to be when we grew up.  Most kids said your typical Doctor, Lawyer, Fireman, Police Officer, etc.  Then she got to me, "Jennifer, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"A Stand Up Comic."

Even in elementary school, I kicked ass and took names.  Mrs. McCabe didn't have anything else to say so just moved on to the next kid.

I'm watching Louie CK's show on FX as we speak and I'm reminded of exactly why I never got into comedy... hecklers.

People, especially drunks, are assholes.  Someone trying to call me out when I couldn't even understand what the hell they're saying would piss me off beyond any real idea of being pissed off.  I can barely handle it in Hospitality, let me loose on an open mic and I'd really lose my sense of humor and tell people what's up...

But isn't comedy about keeping your sense of humor?

Ok wait... stop.  This is why I didn't actually and never will go into comedy.  Although, I still think I totally should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment