Friday, November 19, 2010

Only My Dog...

It started as a simple enough day--busy, like any other.  I got a good night's sleep.  Monty went potty outside (omg treeeeats).  The Boyfriend and I packed him up to go to PETCO for grooming and to run some errands.  

Monty and I met Tiffany at the PETCO on McKnight Road, I told her that while it wasn't his first haircut he was really squirmy and jumpy and excitable and would probably take a good 3hrs to get done properly.  She reassured me, I wished her luck and the Boyfriend and I took off to Giant Eagle to get the rest of our Thanksgiving supplies.

An hour and a half later, we were having breakfast and my phone rang.  It was Tiffany from PETCO.  The Boyfriend munched on his oatmeal and listened to my half of the conversation:
"Oh hi Tiffany...  Oh no, that's ok...  Oh... oh.  Is he ok?  Oh no no no...  Are you ok? ...No, don't apologize, it's ok...  I know how he is, that's why I told you he was so jumpy...  Oh, is it bad?  No it's ok.  Don't be sorry.  It happens. ...Oh...  Oh, well that's ok, he was going to be neutered anyway.  ...Yeah we'll be down in a few minutes, no worries...  See you then."
I hung up and looked at my Boyfriend who's eyes were huge.  "Uh... What the hell is going on?"

I burst out laughing just then realizing what my half of the conversation must have sounded like.  "That was the groomer.  She nicked him a little.  He's fine but they want us to take him to the vet to make sure he's ok."

Him: "...Nicked him... where?"

Me: "Well using her verbiage, his 'little boy parts.' so he got a cut on his balls."

Him" "Oh my god.  This dog.  Nothing is easy with him."

LOL

We went to go get him, he was fine and Tiffany was extremely apologetic.  PETCO comped the grooming and sent us to a vet hospital off Siebert to make sure he was ok and picked up the charge for that too.  I bought him a little green sweater and he was fine.

Monty, looking oh so dapper in his new fall sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment