Monday, September 6, 2010

My Ode to All the Geeks in High School

My boyfriend and I are about as opposite as you can get. I'm outgoing, he's more quiet. I'm super social, he's a total homebody. I'm great at spending, he's awesome at saving. I'm very starry-eyed, he's quite grounded. I'm an internet junkie, he's still trying to figure out how this crazy world wide web thing works. We're a Paula Abdul song waiting to happen.

But no where do our differences show themselves more than on the Geek-o-Meter.

I'm a Star Wars fan, always have been. Maybe not to the extent of some of my geeky mentors but I can hold my own in a trivia contest. My boyfriend, on the other hand (and not surprisingly) is not at all a Star Wars fan.

With Spike TV running yet another awesome marathon, I stared at him a moment and blurted it out, "Babe. I love you. How are we so different? How did I end up with such a non geek?"

His response?

"Sorry I played sports... and went out on dates... and kissed girls... and went to school dances when I was in high school and didn't join like... the AV club and stuff."

Even 11 years out of high school it stung a little and I glared at him. "Yeah and you had such a GREAT time doing all that too, didn't you?" I shot back.

"...Well... Yeah. Sometimes."

"Babe. I'm mad at you!"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments:

Post a Comment