Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The a la Carte Menu for Chez Pisces

So tonight, as a test run for my hot-as-balls boyfriend's dinner, I totally tried the recipes I'm planning. Surprisingly, they worked out quite well.

For dinner, we're looking at some Cold Chicken Satay Noodles in Peanut Sauce which was really, really yummy btw. For dessert, I'm totally baking up some Molten Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting and garnishing with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries. Check this out:




Looks good, right? Jealous? You should be because it was delicious! If you're interested in picking up the recipes, check them out online:

Cold Chicken Satay and Noodles
Molten Chocolate Cupcakes

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of my noodles but rest assured, my presentation was pretty close to that in the picture. Honestly! And look at all the fun stuff I got at the store today!



Everything except the gum and the tea went into my 2 dishes tonight! Fun stuff! I need a good Sparkling Strawberry Limeade drink to go along with the noodles, I think. The tea is actually a vanilla caramel and vanilla chai tea to go with the cupcakes. Yum!

Everything was way easier than I thought it would be too. If any master mixologists have a good idea for some tasty non alcoholic beverages, please shoot me a link. The noodles are super yummy but need something with a little bit of a bite to go along with it.

God dinner was good!

I haven't eaten the pictured cupcakes yet. They look really good, though. Haha :) I'm sure they'll be awesome. The big question here is though, how do you reheat them? The recipe says to serve warm but once their frosted, won't it melt if you put it in the microwave for even 30 seconds? Ew?

Anyway, bon appetite me. I'm gonna go eat and go to bed. Gotta work early tomorrow :( But, I'm bringing the left over cupcakes to work tomorrow morning so hopefully my coworkers will be able to enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them tonight! :)

2 comments:

  1. Put them in the microwave for a minute, the same way megan had me put my ice cream in there for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why you'd heat up ice cream, James? Isn't the point of ice cream is that its cold and wonderful?

    ReplyDelete