Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Didn't Post Yesterday Because I Was Hanging Out with My Boyfriend! :P

Today, though, my fever officially broke. I've been off of Acetaminophen for a full day and I'm actually going outside tomorrow! Hooray!

I found an online tour guide to Toronto through Mobil. Needless to say, I've been keeping my sick self busy by pouring over it for good ideas on what to do while my boy and I are cruising around the city. Turns out that I picked a great hotel and the Boy is extremely pleased. I'm pretty geeked! I did good! :)

I sort of feel obligated to talk about what happened in Stanton Heights today but I feel bad for trying to verbalize how inherently terrible and tragic this all is. My heart goes out to the officers, their families and especially their children.

Equally, I hope this Richard Poplawski guy hangs for what he did yesterday morning. Some 20-something kid lost his job, got into a fight with his mother and felt the need to kill 3 police officers because of it. I really don't care what was going on in this kid's life, nothing is so horrifying--no disease so disabling that could possibly excuse, justify or defend putting on a bulletproof vest and shooting 2 officers in the head as they crossed the threshold of his mother's home in response to a 911 domestic disturbance call in which the officers had been advised there weren't any weapons present.

Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said it was a very sad and solemn day in Pittsburgh today. Its true. Something I've always loved about this city is the feeling of camaraderie around here. There's nothing Pittsburgh and her citizens can't bounce back from, we're very resilient and supportive people. The city will rally around these 3 families and help them however it can. Its just so unspeakably tragic that it has to be because some 23-year-old idiot lost his temper with his mom.

I only have an hour left before I can take my next dose of Cipro so I better get back in bed. God knows I haven't gotten enough sleep lately. Pfft!

No comments:

Post a Comment