Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mexicans Say US Blaming Them Unfairly. In Related News, Simpson Still Claiming Innocence

So the Swine Flu has its own Twitter account now and at last count had 260 followers. Is it me or does this seem semi absurd? My TweetDeck is updated every 3 minutes (or so) with anywhere between 3 and 25 #swineflu hits. This thing is trending off the chart.

Its retarded.

I saw a CNN report earlier (go figure) from Mexico. The anchor was on the streets in Mexico City (I think) interviewing Mexicans about the Swine Flu. Surprisingly, most of the Mexicans interviewed had little to say about it other than it wasn't their country's fault and America should stop bullying them around and blaming everything on Mexico.

???

Maybe it is me. I mean, the whole tomato thing last year did originate out of Mexico. The drug trafficking over our southern border might originate from, oh... I don't know, Columbia but its not like Mexico is Supermanning and single handedly stopping them from coming across. Oh and we can't forget about all those pesky little Canadians that like to jump our northern border via Niagara Falls to come to the US and work here illegally.

Right...

Over 100 people in Mexico City have died because of the Swine Flu. Mexico City was the first place where cases were reported. Duh, of course the Swine Flu couldn't have originated in Mexico! It just doesn't make sense that it would have, does it, Manuel?

One Ricardo Montalban wannabe got so indignant that he claimed something to the tune of: "One jalapeno crosses the boarder and an old lady in Indiana gets sick, its Mexico's fault!" Well... yeah, if said jalapeno came from Mexico, that would technically make it Mexico's issue... Who else would be responsible? France?

If suddenly there was an Ebola outbreak that was traced back to champagne, I'm sure we'd blame France for exporting an unsafe product... but it wasn't in the Moet last summer, it was in the tomatoes. How about you let the country with good health care sort this out while you work on knocking off the whole smuggling sick pig farmers over the border.

In other news, I'm "watching" the Caps/Rangers game on Versus right now. And by "watching" I mean I have it on as background noise while I'm typing this. I thought I'd have a stronger opinion about who I want to win this game but as no one I know can explain to me who the Pens would play next and why, I'm kind of sans interest. I think its an NHL ploy backed by NBC anyway. What a bunch of money grubbing assholes.

I'd like to watch Devils/Canes but I'm apparently getting fucked instead. Sweet.

Also, I think I randomly got 100 hits to my blog yesterday. If you read anything I post on here yesterday, thank you. Its also completely possible that I'm doing it wrong... though I don't know what IT is yet.

Tomorrow night is my dry run for my hot-as-balls boyfriend's birthday dinner, chicken satay with noodles and molten chocolate cupcakes with homemade vanilla ice cream. Pix to document the event will follow.

I opted to forgo any pork dishes, I don't want to upset anyone from Guadalajara.

EDIT: Caught this link on a #swineflu update and its kind of cool. Google is tracking the confirmed cases of Pig Flu via Google Maps. Nifty. http://ow.ly/47bL. Oh and here's a 10 minute info-vid plus article. Tsk Tsk Mexico, learn to wash your hands instead of getting bent out of shape. Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment