Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dan Bylsma Isn't the Only Coach in My Life... Apparently v2.0

Ok so, going back to my Dan Bylsma/Coach post from earlier.

Mobile blogging only allows me to post 1000 characters via picture message. I was in the middle of blogging about my trip to the B&N Sbux last night and being totally DENIED my 10% discount...

I was surprised how pissed off I got about being denied a 60 cent savings on a $6 tab. I mean, I recognize in the grand scheme of things that its not a big deal. In the small scale, its not a big deal either but in paying $25 for my Starbucks Gold Card and being brutally denied my 10% discount threw me off initially. I was pretty incensed when I saw that I could get the discount if I was a B&N member.

I was still annoyed an hour later. I'm not sure why but I was angry.

Anyway... I was in the middle of blogging about all that when my hot-as-balls boyfriend wrapped up work for the night and we got into his Jeep to go home for the night. Since he was parked right outside of Salonika's (this awesome Greek hole-in-the-wall on 6th Street), I made a joke about how good it smelled. When I got in the car, he says, "Really? I think it smells like Coach bag in here."

I just stared at him. He'd gone to Coach earlier in the day to get a birthday present for his mom and I was really excited to see which wristlet he'd picked out for her (since I recommended which one to get). I looked behind his seat and sure enough, spotted the tell-tale white bag with red trim that screams "Coach Bag" to any girl that's in the know.

I lurched in the seat to grab the bag and dove into it to pull out a small box with a gold ribbon on it. I was about to untie the ribbon and look at the bag when my boy stopped me. "You can't open that!" he said to me.

Again, I just stared at him. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, you can't open that. Its a gift for my mom. You can't open it, only she can."

Deflated, I put the box back into the bag. Why wouldn't he let me see what he picked out? I was shocked at the adversity but understood. I mean, it wasn't for me. He was right. It made sense that he wouldn't want anyone but his mom to open up the box and untie the ribbon. The presentation from Coach is nice. No one giving a good gift would want it messed up.

He put his hand back into the bag to arrange the box inside it. "You can, however, open this one." he said and pulled out a 2nd box with a red ribbon and put it on my lap.

I didn't know what to say. I think girly instinct alone allowed me to rip into the box and paper like a lion in a feeding frenzy in Africa. Inside the box, I found the exact same Bonnie Zip Wristlet I'd described to him the night before as the one that I'd love to have for myself this summer. You can see it in Reason #473 My Boyfriend is Fucking Awesome or just to see the picture, click here. The picture is huge.

But the purse itself is larger than life too so it's totally fitting.

Pens/Flyers Game 6 is this afternoon. Its on NBC which means I can't fucking watch it downtown on the Jumbotron at Mellon Arena because NBC is a bunch of Nazi Broadcasting mother fuckers. Shame too, its 80 degrees out, the perfect day for it down at the arena. NBC is a bunch of bastards. Course, they need all the help they can get with their shitty programming. NBC has totally sucked since Conan went off the air for Late Night. I can't wait until June 1st when he takes over The Tonight Show.

Anyway, I hate the Flyers. Although, the players are always really, super nice to me. Always! They're incredibly more polite than any of the other guests I have to deal with regularly. They smile, they laugh and joke, some even flirt a little which is very humanizing. It can be a little intimidating dealing with any sports group with the hotel because their business is so important to our property, not to mention they're celebrities that I have a lot of respect for.

Simon Gagne paid his bill in cash the other day and dropped a penny on the floor. The Bellman on duty gave it to me and I pocketed it. Had the Pens won game 5, that penny was totally going to be my lucky penny. As it turns out, its a good thing that Mr. Gagne dropped it because it was a very unlucky penny. I threw it out as soon as Geno Malkin's goal was recalled. That penny was a piece of shit penny.

My cousin is coming to pick me up in an hour to watch the game so I should start getting ready. I got new makeup at the mall yesterday too (before the whole B&N/Sbux fiasco) so I can't wait to put it on. I have no idea what I'm going to wear, its hot-as-balls out (hey just like my boyfriend) so my Fleury jersey might not be an option. I'm taking it with me anyway. Marc-Andre tweeted earlier:

marcandrefleuryso pumped up! we're going to win the series on the road and rip their hearts out. mercy does not exist in my net! enjoy your golf, flyers

Ze flow-aire blooms at 3pm in Philly! Go Penguins!

2 comments:

  1. Why did they refuse your discount? Is it because its a Starbucks inside of a diffrent store or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they said if I was a Barnes and Noble card holder, they'd have given it to me but since I wasn't... they said no and condescendingly pointed to a little sign taped to the register as if to say "See, you illiterate idiot. I'm not lying to you!"

    I guess this is where the "at participating locations" part comes in.

    ReplyDelete