Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Life is a Beautiful Disaster

I hate mail.

Email is easy. You read the subject line, look over the sender and can immediately tell whether or not its something you want to read. You can differentiate between Barnes & Noble giving you the heads up on Dan Brown's new sequel to The Da Vinci Code (which I have yet to read) called The Lost Symbol and that stupid chain letter from Aunt Cecelia. Oh and don't forget the awesome spam filters that actually take all the guess work out of email. You just click on Spam, click all and click delete. Done and done!

Mail is completely different. Mail is very tricky. Since white envelopes all look alike, something that could easily appear to be a harmless Verizon bill has the distinct possibility of being a pointless advertisement as well. I open up the beastly little sheath hastily, thinking its just a request for payment and instead I'm assaulted with a flyer for the Blackberry Storm that I can't have for another year and a half! God, I want that phone.

Thank you, Verizon, for making me feel inferior.

Speaking of phone statements though, where does Verizon get off charging me an extra $2.99 for data charges when that's all supposed to be included in my plan?! Ditto Voice charges? I don't even know what a Voice charge is but its supposed to be included as well.

I'd also like to personally thank Verizon wireless for not having 24hr customer service. I can say with 100% degree of certainty that I did not like Sprint, their phone service or their customer care but at least there was someone to talk to 24hrs a day/7 days a week. Even on Christmas, if I needed to upgrade my phone or talk about a miscellaneous charge, Indira from Bombay was on duty for me to talk to!

With Verizon, the opposite is true. The only time I don't have service is when I'm in the belly of the hotel and having cell service would be a miracle. Their customer care, when reachable, has been extremely accommodating and consistent. Their products are solid and dependable and when I have a problem, I've been able to clear it up easily. Needless to say, I'm impressed.

Anyway... my boy, Marc-Andre Fleury (aka Ze Flow-aire), had an amazing game last night. I was pleased as punch at every single shot he stopped. I follow @marcandrefleury on Twitter (I know, what a shock). If its really him, this guy is one of my absolute favorite people. If its not really him, I still love Fleury but dude that's Tweeting as @marcandrefleury is a close 2nd. Here's a juicy little tidbit from last night after the game:

@marcandrefleury says: forget berlin! i am the pittsburgh wall! philly fans chant sidney sucks, forget how bad their team and city are. me, i laugh and stop shots!

So good! I had a chance to get the flowers for my hair before the game last night but didn't want to spend $10 at Michael's for it so I passed and wore my hair in pigtails with a little hat instead. I still looked cute.

The Pirates won again... that's 3 games over .500 for the Buccos. Amazing! I still don't know anything about baseball.

I just got the best tweet of all time from @BeatMyTweet

BeatMyTweetPost the most idiotic comment, win a $25 Amazon Gift Card! http://tinyurl.com/dzj9bn
I just glanced through the Idiotipedia. I have found my mecca and it is good. I'm about to own this website hook, line and sinker. Unfortunately I'm too interested in blogging than I am about reliving the stupidity from work today. I will, however, take notes and report back tomorrow! That s$25 Amazon.com gift certificate may as well be mine!!

My limey Brit friend, James (aka J1mo) just released his new mix for next month. I haven't listened to it just yet but I'm recommending it based on the fact that I've liked everything else he's done. Download it here.

I'm thirsty. I think I'm going to go find something to drink and go to bed. I'm unspeakably exhausted. But I'll probably stay up and think about some other stupid shit to talk about later. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment