Monday, April 27, 2009

...And the Last Little Piggy Went Wee Wee Wee All the Way to Ohio!

The pig to the right has the flu.

It got spread to the Mexican farmer that raised him.

The Mexican then jumped the boarder and headed to a pig farm in Ohio.

Then an American got sick with the same Pig Flu.

The Mexican died after infecting another pig and one of the owner's daughters (by means too unspeakable to mention here) and the alarmist American Media freaked out and started worrying millions of Americans that they were all going to die a terrible death in less than 26 hours of contracting the disease. The CDC put out alerts, CNN wouldn't shut up and George Orwell turned over in his grave because he realized that the pigs were finally taking over the world.

Maybe this is the unknown disease I've been suffering from since the middle of February.

Luckily for my hot-as-balls boyfriend, I decided to go with chicken for his upcoming birthday dinner instead of pork. I'm still on the fence about what to do for his gift though. When I asked what he wanted, he told me "Anything you give me, I'll love because it's coming from you."

Which, at face value, is such a great boyfriend thing to say but it doesn't help me... at all.

Oh and speaking of gifts, he totally aced the whole Mom's birthday present thing. I couldn't make it because I had to work tonight (lame!) but he gave me a full report after I got off work and he started home. The bag that he gave his mom was a total hit!

Being the girl that likes to try and one up everyone, I inquired as to what his brother and his brother's fiancée showed up with. The fiancée wasn't able to make it due to work so we were on even ground there (only I sent a card, sup!) and his brother brought flowers.

Coach Bonnie Zip Wristlet as seen to the left vs a bouquet of flowers.

I'm not necessarily trying to compare gifts here so I'll let you do it for me. Thanks :)

In other news, I'm glad I've learned to enjoy the good times when they come for everything their worth. I'm spending the night with my boy tomorrow night after work and then heading to Andy Warhol on Tuesday. I'd love to keep saying that this is the first time I've been this happy in years but honestly, its not the first time... I've been happy since I started dating him in December, since then its just been a continual pace of happiness. Life is beautiful, being happy is terrific and George Orwell gets the last laugh in telling all of us that he was right...

The pigs took over Manor Farm and then called CNN so everyone could completely spaz out about it.

2 comments: