Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Relationship Conundrums: From Ex-husbands to Tinyurl vs Myspace.

I'm writing this because I just got home from the bar and I don't want to use the excuse that I'm drunk to not blog for one night.

However, I'm drunk and still have nothing to say. But... in lieu of trying to blog once a night for a year, I'm totally blogging right now.

Carson Daly's show still sucks. Even when I'm drunk, he sucks. He was so cool on TRL, wtf happened to him.

I miss my hot-as-balls boyfriend. What can you do?

I'm just gonna go ahead and pass out now.

xoxo

Edit: I'm sober now. Its 8am. I have no idea why I'm awake but I'm just accepting the fact that I'm up. I could use something cold to drink.

Anyway, in checking my email this morning, I got the following message in my inbox:



For anyone keeping score, thats from my ex-husband.

I'm totally filing this under the "wtf goes on in people's heads" category. I love the "just ignore this" when he's clearly sending out a mass email about trying to get an "online booty call." Needless to say, my curiousity is peaked. Lets investigate this site, shall we?

Online Booty Call

Actually, on second thought... lets not. I did go to the homepage but there's something so ultra sleazy about this site that I'd rather say "thanks but no thanks on that bridge to nowhere." If its meant as a joke, its kind of more awkward... and if its his newest attempt at making money then refer to my comment about sleaziness.

From the screenshot, you can clearly see that he's had a whole 3 online booty calls since 12/4. I'm so glad for this information but hey... "just ignore this."

I'm totally at a loss for words.

Anyway. I tried to retire my myspace blog a little while ago too by posting a tinyurl to forward any reader I had on that blog to this one. For some reason, I think myspace and tinyurl are having something of a lover's spat because they positively refuse to work together. Myspace is more stubborn than I am and absolutely would not post a tinyurl anywhere on the site.

I tried to put my tinyurl in my status update but myspace took it out and replaced it with "..." so I tried to put it in my About Me section but myspace took it out and replaced it with "..." so I thought to myself "AHA! I will blog about not blogging on myspace anymore and then myspace will have to post my tinyurl to my blogger blog.... blog blog blog"

I wish I could have seen the look on my face when my blog on myspace deleted the tinyurl link and instead replaced it with "..." as I'm sure it was quite funny.

As far as I'm concerned, this was an attack on my right to free speech so I said to myself, "Self, screw it! Just put up the actual link and see if that works."

So I did... and it did!

And I don't get it. Whats wrong with Tinyurl, Myspace? Twitter and Facebook both like Tinyurl, they have lunch daily, they go shopping together and do each other's hair.

Whatever differences Myspace and Tinyurl are having, they need to get past it, for sure! I think Myspace just needs to invite Tinyurl out for coffee or something so they can kiss and make up because honestly, this rift just isn't going to work for the rest of us.

Not that I blame Tinyurl. Myspace is a pool of genetically mutated insane people who are all out to cause drama.

Frankly, I don't want to associate myself with Myspace either but if Myspace asked me out for coffee, I'd accept it. I'd drink my coffee, agree to whatever Myspace wanted for the better of the people and then move on from there. I'd probably have to shower afterwards but at least I got some free Starbucks!

Oh man, that sounds so good too! I'm totally hitting up the Sbux on 6th and Penn before work tonight for a sweet Cinnemon Dulce Latte. The girls there told me that Christian quit and moved on to bigger and better things. That makes me sad, he was a great barista and definitely knew how to use his soy products!

No comments:

Post a Comment