Friday, March 27, 2009

St Pauli Girl Serves Sarconis a Fistful of Jagerwurst. What?!

I had definitely made up my mind to not blog tonight.

It was a conscious decision, I have to admit. I came home from work exhausted, peeled off my clothes and then crawled into bed to call my hot-as-balls boyfriend and wish him goodnight. While I was on the phone with him, I got a call from one of my (if not the) best girlfriends from Vegas. She lives in Denver now with her boyfriend. They had a blizzard today so he had to get a hotel room because he couldn't drive home to her. So she's at home alone and on her 8th beer and fucking awesome because she called me! So, I called her back after hanging up with him and getting her voice mail explaining all the above to me along with a real-time reaction to my reply text message, "Sorry, I'm on the other line. xoxo"

In light of my excursion to the Hofbrauhaus, I'd changed my FB status to "Jennifer Mathieson wants a beer wench costume, anyone know a good place to find one? :)" to which she commented about a website called www.buycostumes.com.

Its a gold mine! I just got off the phone with her and we pretty much spent 40 minutes discussing all the different ways to keep our boys coming back. Its times like these where I really miss having good, sane girlfriends around. Most people are crazy but my Girlfriend In Denver is a fucking baller! I wish I could be as half as cool as her, total case in point: she knew about this website whereas I did not. Obviously, she's way sexier than I am but she's also a good girl to have in my corner to give me lessons.

She also knows about beer. Woot!

I'm totally buying one of these costumes for my hot-as-balls boyfriend, Oktoberfest and Halloween! Its too good to pass up. Then getting another one for St Patrick's Day next year. They're WAY too cute!

Speaking of online shopping: I am a master. My boy is not strong with the internet so when he can't find something by going to a mall, he'll tell me about it. In turn, I look like the hero by finding it online (along with a local retailer) in less than 5 minutes.

His most recent quest was to find a new pair of sneakers for summer. He was telling me a couple of days ago about a shoe brand that I'd never heard of called Sarconi which he used to wear in his early 20s. "They're very European and hard to find!" he said.

Pfft, no match for a Professional such as myself.

Unfortunately, he didn't give me a ton of information to work with... I had an idea of their insignia, a sort of clue as to what they were called and maybe how to spell it so when I sat down to start surfing, I wasn't really surprised when I couldn't find it immediately.

Deterred but not discouraged, I went to work brooding about how I'd failed at finding the object of my desire's desired object within the first 5 minutes of looking for it. I concluded that it wasn't my fault at all but clearly was his for not knowing his favorite type of shoe's name.

My gears turned for a few hours, how was I going to do this? Then, in the 10 o'clock hour at work, Mr Sitzmann decided to come say hello to me at the desk. And it hit me! Mr Sitzmann sells shoes for a living. Here was my opportunity!

Mr Sitzmann, however, was somewhat stumped until I mentioned that they were sneakers/running shoes. He was then incredibly helpful by pointing me towards Zappos.com and revising my original search query to "Saconney Sneakers" from Sarconi. Alas, upon googling the term Saconney Sneakers I still couldn't find what I was searching for.

I was now getting frustrated with myself. I'd never spent this much time looking for something online. I got home and fired up the old Dell here and started messing with the spelling of "Saconney." It went from "Saconney" to "Saccony" to "Saconey" at which point I got a hit on "Did you mean: Saucony Shoes?" And the insignia was the same.

It was like end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when he finally finds the Grail. I had such a massive sense of satisfaction, I had to call my hot-as-balls boyfriend to gloat.

That brings us back to the beginning of this blog... nice I just blogged in a circle.

I think Orlando must hate me by now. He called me while I was still at work and standing out in the cold to tell me about his 75 degree weather. Its supposed to snow here on Sunday. Mother Nature is more bitchy and tempermental than I am when I'm PMSing. But, I'd told Orlando that I was going to call him back in an hour and I definitely did not call him back in an hour. I feel like a dick. I'm just super tired by now and the only reason I'm still up is because I'm writing this right now.

I'm going to call him and at least leave him a voice mail if he doesn't pick up, he's a good guy and deserves better than how I'm treating him. I don't deserve such a good friend when I'm such an asshole to him. Ugh!

Jennifer Tilly's tits are still fucking huge. Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment