Monday, March 16, 2009

Grease is the Word and COOL is Country of Origin Label

As you might have assumed, I just decided to pass out after posting last night but... thats some kind of awesome dedication there.

Ellen Degeneres is an incredible personality. I'd like to hang out with her some day and honestly, if I was a talk show host, I'd be Ellen. She's fun and silly and likes to dance, I'm sure she'd be cool to hang out with over Cinnamon Dulce Lattes at Starbucks.

The Doctors is a TV show on NBC which has been on for almost a full season I think. This show makes me incredibly uncomfortable at most times even though Travis Stork is nice to look at. Today, they're talking about extreme health trends (yawn what else is new?) but they're attacking an establishment called The "Heart Attack" Grill which specializes in Flatliner Fries and Bypass Burgers. Their waitresses are dressed as nurses, their patrons are referred to as patients and even get an ID bracelet.

Its a theme restaurant, Docs... are you seriously going to fault this restaurant for advertising a Quad Bypass burger with 8000 calories in it vs the people that are paying for it? Just because this ridiculous service is offered doesn't mean that people have to take them up on it. Live and let live and leave them alone. Plus, from the pictures--it looks like a pretty cool place to go chill for an hour or so.

Although, Doctor Lisa has her moments. In response to a demeaning 50s public service announcement to help prevent VD that looks like this:

She said, "You may think he's Mr. Right but you don't know where he was last night!" Of course, this doesn't change the fact that The Doctors are talking about a 1950s (ish) advertisement and in 2009, it may be a little late to address the issue.

I wish I had some lemonade. One of the greatest things I've found in our employee cafeteria at work (and it isn't hard to find great things since theres so few of them laying around) is the lemonade there. There's just something about it that puts me in a great mood whenever I drink it. Its super yummy.

And they just did a plug for Slumdog Millionaire's DVD coming out in disguise of a bit about Bollywood dancing workouts... and they brought Lisa out in a pink dance outfit. Ok, Lisa... regardless of your previous wit, you just failed your sisters by stooping to that level of contradictory. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot. I hate you now.

Like how most of my blogs center around what I'm watching on TV at the time I sit down to write?

I think I'm going out to Old Navy today to pick up one of their town gowns (since I just saw a commercial for them on TV and got an email advertising them at the same time besides, I want to get some new things for spring and always liked having sundresses laying around when I was younger) to wear tomorrow to meet my hot-as-balls boyfriend's mom. I told him that I was probably going to last night and he told me not to bother because no matter what I wore, I'd look beautiful.

He's such a great hot-as-balls boyfriend!

The city is hosting this American Physical convention so we have doctors from all over the world filing into Pittsburgh to attend. I'm not sure why they'd call it "American" when there's guys from Korea, India, Canada, Brazil, France, the Netherlands and so many other places in town for it or why they'd mislead an idiot like me into thinking that "Physical" meant like... physical body... not physical like Theory of Relativity physical.

This group (with the slim exception of maybe 5) is such a bunch of nerds! Like, I thought some of the guys that I used to game with were a group of geeks but these Physicists put them to shame on the Geek-o-Meter for sure! With 170 arrivals left when I got to work yesterday, I can't count how many times I felt awkward getting hit on or my lame jokes getting laughed at hysterically... or how many guys had huge Coke bottle glasses so their eyes were magnified into gigantic irises.

By the end of the night, I was getting irate. Not because I was getting hit on or complimented but because this group of brainacs, many of whom had their doctorate in physics, could not comprehend that each room had either 2 or 3 people in it and all of which had laptops and everyone was trying to access our wireless network at the same time so it slowed down considerably. Apparently, this is my fault and I was to have anticipated the level of Nerd that was about to descend upon my hotel and order up more network support for all of their pocket protectors.

My bad!

All that said, Mr. Evans was cool as hell. Guy walks in with the long hair and beard like the rest of them but was probably closer to my age or maybe a few years younger and was way cleaner and yet some how much more hippy-like... total California dude in his red t-shirt and khaki cargo shorts and flip-flops. I was so happy to talk to a normal dude of physics that I upgrade him. Yep, sure did! I winked at him and told him to come back down and explain the Theory of Relativity to me later on but he just said, "Which one?"

I'm clearly out of my element with this group.

My feet hurt so much, I want to get a pedicure today. Actually, my whole body hurts... is there such a thing as a full body pedicure?

Carol Burnett should not have gotten colligan injections!

I wish I followed college basketball. NCAA would at least be something to watch for the next couple of weeks. Pitt is a #1 Seed apparently and Robert Morris was selected (???) to play along with Penn State. Or something like that... fuck if I know what the hell is going on.

C.O.O.L. means Country of Origin Label. Thank you again, Mexico, for giving us something else to translate into Spanish... the Giant Eagle brand pregnancy test I took the other day had its directions in English on one side and Spanish on the other (just in case I got confused) and now I know exactly where my defective, salmonella-ridden tomatoes are coming from. Soon Miguel and Juana will too and only buy Mexican! Viva la Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment