Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Day in a Blog

So I get home from work tonight and sit down to catch up on some Facebook and Twitter and CNN Politics. I do this because I'm a really interesting person and staying connected to the world around me makes me feel like I have a bigger place in it.

One of the first headlines that catches my eye is from CNN's political ticker on CNN's blog. It reads "Blagojevich gets six-figure book deal"

There's something very wrong in this country where you can be a total crook and still get a book deal out of it... though I guess we should have seen this coming as soon as OJ Simpson published "If I'd Done It."

Random thought: Ann Coulter is a psycho bitch from hell.

AIG is getting a bail out. I'm getting one too. I got what we in the hotel industry call a "good girl" card. One of the guests had something nice to say about me on a Guest Satisfaction Survey which means I get a cool extra $100 in my pocket. I'm so going to see No Doubt on 6/13. Yay! I'm glad I know how to put my own personal bailout to good use just like all those big company CEOs. Maybe I should call B of A to try and get some sort of executive officer job.

My girlfriend from college sent me a CD she'd burned for me today of The Polyphonic Spree. I'm really happy about this. If you haven't heard of them, here's my favorite song of theirs YouTube.com The Polyphonic Spree, Hold Me Now.

I missed the first 30 minutes of Jimmy Fallon's premiere on Late Night tonight. I'm pretty angry about it now that I think about it but its ok since I'm listening to Hold Me Now on youtube as I type. Jimmy's doing pretty well vs Robert DeNiro though. I think if I sat down to try and talk to Robert DeNiro, I'd need some Tums on demand. Jimmy's cute; as soon as he broke for commerical, he turned to Robert DeNiro and you can clearly see him say, "How m'I doing?" To which DeNiro clearly replied, "I have no idea." Poor Jimmy Fallon.

There was a giant snowstorm on the east coast this early morning. Work was sort of crazy because of it... lots of flights delayed so a lot of late checkins and a LOT of miserable people. Seeing people that are really angry about things that can't be controlled makes me outrageously happy. Schadenfraude is the best thing ever.

I got to see my boyfriend at work today. That also makes me really happy. So basically, between seeing my boyfriend at work and seeing a lot of angry people because of the weather at work, I was about to shoot into outer space for being so happy. But I was also really bored.

Another random thought: The point of Twitter kind of confuses me but I'm sure if I knew more people on it, it'd be a lot more interesting. Unfortunately, I don't so it isn't... but the CNN updates are fun.

Its consistantly 20 degrees colder in my room than in the rest of the house. Its incredibly annoying. Its rediculously cold. If I took a spray bottle, filled it with water and then misted it into the air, I'd make it snow in my room.

Justin Timberlake is totally my hero.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment