Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Erin go braugh(less Har)!

Its St. Patrick's Day and I'm sober. Why?

I met my hot-as-balls boyfriend's 'rents today.

I'm pretty sure it went well. They took me on a 30-45 minute tour of their entire property, the house alone is like 10,000 sq feet and is beautiful. I swear I used to have dreams about that very same house when I was little but I could be somewhat insane in believing this... though I don't think so and its kind of scary.

What was also a little scary was his father's gaming room. And by gaming room, I mean like... sporting room... and by sporting room I mean like... a big (beautifully furnished) room with a bunch of dead animals in it mounted to walls and stuff, 5 deer of which my hot-as-balls boyfriend had killed himself but there were grizzly bears and brown bears and polar bears and zebra skins and moose and bobcats and a fucking cheetah mounted to a branch. It was like walking into Pittsburgh's Museum of Natural History! I'm not for hunting at all, but it was kinda cool albeit out of my taste and I certainly didn't know how to react to a giant Elk hanging over their mantle staring uncouthly at me.

In retrospect, I felt a little awkward. Everything about the house was gorgeous: the marble countertops, the hard wood floors, the carpeting and home theatre system. It was immaculately clean and I couldn't help but be reminded of my humble beginnings in the hotel industry in Bellagio's housekeeping department where I used to imagine what the guests' houses would look like and what an annoyance it would be to clean them. I felt bad standing on the marble and I felt like I was intruding when they invited me into their gazebo and showed me their fire pit outside. I just felt like I was out of my element and should be cleaning something instead of enjoying the view.

His mother was very gracious and his father was equally kind. They took me out for Japanese tonight and his father and I split 2 plates of sushi. It was amazing!

I've never hoped anyone liked me before... usually, I could care less. But I really hope they liked me and that the awkward, out of place feeling will subside eventually.

Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch:

The Penguins absolutely crushed (the radio announcer used the word "trounced" but I'm opting for something much less eloquent, thank you very much!) the Atlanta Thrashers tonight in a 6-2 victory at home in the Igloo. If we get to the playoffs after how poorly we played earlier this season, I'll be pretty impressed and probably a full-on fan for life. I still don't understand hockey that well but I'm learning. Gimme a couple more seasons and I'll be pounding the glass with my fists while Godard kicks someone's ass on the ice.

I have big crushes on Evegeny Malkin, Max Talbot and Marc-Andre Fleury. Sid seems nice but he's so good that everyone's in love with him. Also, I don't think that Ovetchkin is better than Malkin. Fuck the Capitals, Ovetchkin is flashier and so what? Malkin's numbers are higher, get fucked... our Russian is better!

I don't know anything about hockey.

Secretly, I spent way too much money at Old Navy today but I can justify it by saying the shit was on sale and I needed it for summer anyway. The outfit I got to meet my hot-as-balls boyfriend's parents today took up over 1/2 the bill itself while I got a couple town gowns and sweaters for spring and summertime.

I have an addiction to shopping at the ON! I go in there and lose my fucking marbles, I swear it isn't healthy. But their clothes are SO cute and relatively inexpensive that I just can't say no!

Oh here's a juicy little tidbit... I'm probably going to be last man standing at my job here pretty soon. I honestly can't comment further than that at this time, however I will say that I'm about to start developing abandonment issues here really soon and I wish people would just stop dropping like flies because I'm getting the feeling that they don't want to work with me!!! :(

Anyway, back to Old Navy real quick: the clerk that rang me up asked if I was an ON card holder. When I said no, she gave me a $5 coupon off my next purchase with my Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic card. This isn't the sort of teasing and torment that I expect from my favorite store and I hate her for making me feel inferior to those with a Old Navy, Gap or Banana Republic card.

I did get a really cool new pair of flip-flops. Dude, honestly, I can say with 100% honesty that I love that flip-flops are such a staple of Pittsburgh culture. Here in Pittsburgh, you can wear flip-flops anywhere... on a date, to a funeral, to work, whatever! Or you know, maybe a really cute pair that looks like:
to wear to meet your hot-as-balls boyfriend's parents. And they looked so cute with my pink jacket and green slacks too, God I love springtime and the color pink!

I don't want to work 6 days next week :( Oh another funny work story: my Supv whom I'm pretty close with, texts me yesterday: "So [Our Manager's Name] asked me if you and [My Hot-As-Balls Boyfriend's Name] were dating today and I just said "idk" and she said thats what she'd heard and I told her oh well maybe they are."

Funny how quick news travels around. Not that it bothers me at all, my boy is easily the [insert positive adjective here for how great he is here] person in the world and I'm totally proud to be on his arm. I don't necessarily think its any of my manager's business who I'm dating but I think its pretty comical how fast gossip spreads. And honestly, if something like this were to prevent me from getting promoted, pfft screw it. I've seen some of the stress my Supv carries and I'd rather be happy in love instead of miserable with money.

Anyone that read this post all the way through, I love you for thinking my life is that interesting since this entry was pretty blaise and un-entertaining though definitely has one of the better names I've come up with lately. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment