Friday, March 27, 2009

I Am High Class Yuppie Scum but I'm Too Poor to Prove It

I am a snob.

At least when it comes to traveling. Working at Bellagio has totally ruined me. Working for the best and striving to be the best in the hotel industry has served me very little purpose other than to demand that same sort of treatment at any and all hotels I go to.

Thus, putting me in charge of booking a hotel for a trip to Toronto is probably the best idea since I'll look for the best hotels and best deals and have no one to thank but myself if the room sucks, but it's also driving me fucking crazy!

Here's my dilemma: The closest Marriotts with Associate Rates available are 10 miles away from the heart of downtown Toronto. I don't want to be 10 miles away, I want to be IN Toronto and IN a fabulous room with great stuff to do in walking distance.

I also want this during an extremely busy tourist season for their city and I want it at the Associate's Rate of $59 - $89 depending on the resort.

I am every high maintenance guest I hate.

Anyway, going to Marriott.com, the rates aren't available. Not one to be deterred, I started calling my top 5 choices today to see if they could make exceptions from June 14 - June 17. Two properties flat out declined me, which is fine because it was like the Residence Inn and Marriott Bloor Yorkville (wherever the fuck that is anyway). Residence Inn did tell me to call back in about a month to see if they might have had cancellations so if I end up booking at the Airport Renaissance and Conference Center, I might have an in at Residence Inn after all.

Her name was Erin, she was nice.

I'm still waiting on emails from Renaissance Toronto Downtown, Marriott Downtown Eaton Square and the Toronto Courtyard. I really hope one of these people take pity on a girl who hasn't had a vacation in ages and just wants to do something nice for her hot-as-balls boyfriend's 30th birthday.

That said, I think I'm dying. I've woken up at 6am for the past 2 days shivering and in so much pain that its unspeakable. I am a 10 year old dog with arthritic hips. I tried taking my temperature today to see if I was running a fever only to find that my thermometer is broken. I just hope I can make it through today. I'm going to spend all day tomorrow in bed. It'll be great. Oh look, my glands are swollen. GREAT! I love being sick! This is the 3rd time this year. Hizzah!

Also: I want a laptop with a cute carry on bag so I can take it absolutely everywhere with me.

I am yuppie scum.

No comments:

Post a Comment