Friday, March 6, 2009

I Just Got Home From Work Yesterday!

I just got home from work yesterday!

So less than a week into my attempt to blog every day of my life for a year, I already missed a day. But its not my fault. Work was so awful that I went out with my hot-as-balls boyfriend to enjoy a "coping mechanism" and "gain a new perspective" and then "get railed." I ended up spending the rest of the night at his place.

So in my defense: as soon as I got home, I sat down and opened blogger to try and start writing. The only problem here is that I had such a great night last night after work that I totally forget all the little quirky foibles that I was going to write about.

My feet still hurt.

CNN is currently still a major Debbie Downer. In light of what a difference a day made in my life, its good to know that some things don't change in the space of 12 hours. Would it kill these people to focus on something good going on? Its not like America isn't aware that the now termed "great recession" is killing most people's savings, investments, retirements and businesses but I'm under the impression that consumer confidence is based on just that... confidence.

If major news organizations such as CNN, MSNBC, FOX and etc continue to discourage your Average Joe by constantly telling him how bad shit is out there then poor Joe is going to stay poor, not take risks, invest in a gun while he stuffs his money into a mattress and then go behind the refrigerator for a week while he sorts out his life.

Maybe I'm naive. If these stupid news anchors would start focusing on the good in the news (ie the National EMPLOYMENT RATE instead of the National UNEMPLOYMENT RATE or talk to small businesses that are actually benefiting out of the recession instead of focusing on "the big 3 idiots" and how bad their car sales are so they need more tax payer money, etc) things might have a shot at getting a little better around here a little sooner.

You can be realistic and optimistic at the same time.

Obviously, the bad things have a place in the news too. Sure, everyone wants to know where their money is going but there's no bad without the good so shed some light on some positive shit going on out there too, please. The human spirit can only take so hard a beating at such a repetitive rate.

Speaking of CNN, I think CNNMoney and I are dating now for the amount of texts that it sends me a day via Twitter. I'm not sure how this happened. CNNMoney seems really nice and all but I'm already seeing someone; plus, I kind of met CNNMoney online and that can just be messy. CNNMoney contacts me a lot but seems emotionally unavailable... I text CNNMoney back and CNNMoney doesn't reply. I wish CNNMoney would stop sending me mixed signals.

Stay tuned for more information on the love triangle between myself, my hot-as-balls boyfriend and CNNMoney.

No comments:

Post a Comment