Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Schadenfreude" Doesn't Mean I Sneezed.

Schadenfreude is a German word that translates directly into "schaden" meaning "harm" and "freude" meaning "joy." I don't need to be able to speak German to tell you that this is probably my most favorite word in any language (outside of écureuil which is French for squirrel... don't ask, the word just sounds like a pile of happy to me. Its pronounced as "Ae-kah-roy-ah" and yeah, it means squirrel. I wonder if les écureuils only eat les écroux or if they'd eat like plain American nuts too, hmm... Wait! Wow did I derail my own blog entry here already or what?!).

Welcome back to the blog! Schadenfreude is equally my favorite evil feeling in life. Pleasure at the expense of someone else's misfortune. Leave it to the Germans to master this beautiful emotion and give it such a fitting name! Its also a great song from Avenue Q which is one of my favorite musicals. The video isn't great but I'm totally comfortable with that, its the music that counts.

Anyway, today is 3/14 (even though its actually 3/15 by now but that's not important nor is it the point) and its officially St Patrick's Day weekend. I honestly can't remember the last time I spoke with this many drunken idiots all in a row... even during an event as big as New Year's in Las Vegas, I haven't spoken to this many inebriated slobs in my life all in one day.

People have been drunk since last night. While I was standing around Ft Duquesne Blvd
smoking outside the hotel last night, I spotted 2 well-dressed young women walking up the Blvd to the corner of 6th Street. Once at the corner, the taller of the two women tripped out of her 3 inch heels. While she was trying to figure out a way to put them back on, she definitely took a "drunk girl at the party" posture.

I was captivated and after a terrible night at work, seeing this extremely well dressed girl vomit all over a city corner would make my day. "Do it!," I said out loud even though she was too far away to hear me.

"Do it! Oh God! Do it, please! Get sick."

And then as soon as she managed to get her right foot back into its shoe (with the help of a chivalrous if not random passerby), she threw up all over it. It was the most amazing thing I'd seen all night and it made me incredibly happy!

My hot-as-balls boyfriend is flat out amazing. No reason need be given at this time but just rest assured... he's flat out incredible and I'm really, really lucky!

I was over at his place after work tonight and while he was getting dressed, he goes "So I was thinking on Tuesday... not Monday because I have too much shit to do around here... but on Tuesday, I was thinking we could take a drive out to my parents place and hang out for a couple of hours."

Eeeeeek!

This is getting serious. Of course I said yes! So my date with my hot-as-balls boyfriend on Tuesday is totally including a "Meet the 'Rents" spectacular. I'm pretty nervous! Additionally, I'm also planning on spending the Old Navy and Kohl's gift certificates I got for my birthday in order to purchase myself a new outfit to try and impress his mom.

I have no idea what to wear... Email me at jlmathieson@gmail.com with suggestions! Or just MSN me.

I got desperate last night and drank one of the many Milwaukee's Best Light that was just laying around courtesy of my own parents. I'm definitely a beer snob now. If its not Sam Adams or better, I'm not interested... I don't know how anyone drinks this cheap shit. Its not even beer, I don't like it at all!

God my feet still hurt so bad from work. I need to get my manager friend at Famous Footwear to hook it up for cheap since my feet are rebelling hardcore style. I tried rubbing them to make them feel better but they just got even more pissed at me. Apologizing helped a little but not as much as I had hoped. I thought about buying them a present like a pedicure or reflexology session but it barely pacified them. They expect me to come through on this but I think my knees are going to get pissed too. :(

I'm so tired! I'm going to bed... Just another 8 hours between me and 2 days off! I'll be back if anything fun comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment