Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hey! No, YOU Kiss My Lucky Charms!

When I first met my hot-as-balls boyfriend's mom, she told him that I dress better than she does. I took that as a huge compliment.

Today though, I'm not so sure its a good thing.

I was walking down 6th Street from Ft Duquesne this afternoon before work contemplating what delicious treat to get at Sbux in order to kick off my day which I had dedicated myself to being fabulous. As soon as I got in front of Lemon Grass' patio dining area, I heard yelled very loudly, "Hey Baby!"

Like anyone else, I reacted on instinct by looking up and around to see who was greeting whom. To my complete shock, this exclamation had been issued by a 40 something man lounging 3 feet away from me in front of Lemon Grass and had directed his salutation to none other than myself.

I had no idea what to say, so I know I definitely made a face and continued on my way. This did, however, intrigue me into considering one specific topic.

Has this approach ever worked for anyone?

I put this question on my Facebook status (because I wanted to conduct a very scientific survey) and apparently it has, indeed, worked in the past. My friend gave me a good example:


One of my residents told me he meets girls while driving on the freeway - so I guess the answer is yes, some women are that desperate and pathetic. Let's be glad that plague has not befallen us...


Seriously? God, you women are rediculous! Don't you realize that if 1 of us does this, it wrecks it for the rest of us? Use your head, please!

I also received a notification (via a FB Wall-to-Wall) today from my friend back at Bellagio that one of my other girlfriends is getting married. My head is spinning at the insanities that lurk in the hearts of women. Of course, I can't fault her for getting married. If you're in love, you're in love. But frankly, I'm struggling trying to figure out how to plan a trip to Niagara, forget about something like a wedding.

Oh yeah, and there's the whole "making a marriage work" thing that follows said wedding. Yeah, forget it! I learned my lesson flat out. Although, my hot-as-balls boyfriend does a great job in restoring my faith in relationships that work.

I got an invitation via Facebook (oh yeah!) to my 10 year high school reunion today too. Another "Seriously?" moment. Its for reasons like this that I didn't bother to vote for class presidents in high school. I knew that they'd invite me to reunions and shit via Facebook, totally classy.

Oh and it's at McFadden's on the North Side in Pittsburgh. Check out the photos from the St. Patrick's Day party. No, you Kiss My Lucky Charms!

Hell Week continues at the hotel. Today was better but I could still totally use a day off. I think my hot-as-balls boyfriend went to bed, I have no idea what his schedule is tomorrow... I have no idea what day it is tomorrow, all my days are totally blending together. We're getting AAA Inspected next month so everyone's starting to freak out about that though it seems to be no where nears as big a deal as it used to be at Bellagio. No perks or comps or anything fun like that, just a pat on the back and advised "if you suck at your job, you're not even scheduled that day."

At least the last part sounds about right.

I'm close to guaranteeing that this is going to be my 3rd AAA Inspection check in.

God I'm so fucking awesome, it hurts.

I wish I had a drink to knock my ass out tonight. I want to get so plastered that I hurt myself and then go home with my hot-as-balls boyfriend and do unspeakable and random acts of kindness to each other.

Why is drunk sex so fucking good? If you get too excited, you end up getting sick... I don't want that, no one wants to get sick. But drunk sex is so amazing on so many different levels. This is something I'll have to come back to after some thought.

My friend from Vegas texted me just a few minutes ago telling me that she's drunk as hell right now and she wishes that it was with me. Fuck, I miss her so much! There aren't a lot of girls I get close to but dude, this girl was so cool! She's probably going to have drunk sex with her boyfriend tonight.

I should call mine.

My entire body hurts. I think I'm dysthymic. I also think I'm a hypochondriac. I think I think too much.

I think I'll go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. mcfadden's is on the northside? is it by ugly? so much i have to learn about bars in pittsburgh. i like bar louie in station square and there were a couple of places people from my old job would go to for happy hour, but the names escape me now.

    so, for some reason, i can't see your responses to me on twitter unless i go directly to my @replies. what do i have to do to get you to follow me? or is my awesomeness too much for you to handle? your head might explode or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head definitely did explode earlier when I realized that my Twitter had quit following you. At least, I think it did... I'm pretty sure I followed you and then it unfollowed you and I just realized it today. Idk, that site gives me gas.

    McFadden's is on the North Shore, I think the address actually is North Shore Drive but if you're downtown, take the Clemente Bridge to the North Side, hang a left onto General Robinson and follow it behind PNC Park then make a left and a right and go like... idk 3 blocks? Its totally in walking distance from my hotel.

    It seems like a nice place to spend an evening with friends, but a class reunion? Meh, wtf do I know? LOL

    ReplyDelete