Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My (Mis)Adventures with CNNMoney, Jimmy Fallon, the ASPCA and More! Yes, there's more!

I feel like I accomplished something today even though its very obvious that I didn't.

CNNMoney posted a tinyurl via Twitter this very early morning which led to this.

Personally, I don't understand how Paul R LaMonica, as an editor, gets off saying that Facebook is pointless when the very company he works for uses Twitter in order to communicate "efficiently" with its followers.

After viewing this video editorial, I Twittered to @CNNMoney:
poeticpisces@CNNMoney I'd totally buy the whole FB updates sucking if CNNMoney didn't spam the shit out of my phone more than anything else on Twitter.
And then I posted the link on my Facebook because I like beating a dead horse.

This afternoon before I left for work, I received 63 SMS updates from CNNMoney. As a result, I effectively blocked SMS updates from CNNMoney. I like being in touch but sometimes theres such a thing as too much touching.

At around 7pm, my phone vibrated violently in my pocket. Following the initial physical excitement, I checked my texts expecting to read a sexy little missive from my hot-as-balls boyfriend. Imagine my disappointment when I saw that it was not, in fact, my hot-as-balls boyfriend texting me to tell me how badly he wanted to rail me but instead... it was CNNMoney.

It took about another 2 hours to hit me that, "Hey, I totally disabled their SMS before I left for work today!??!"

Turns out CNNMoney contacted me directly on Twitter with the following message:
CNNMoneyHow would you improve our twitter service? This is a new endeavor for cnnmoney.com and we're looking for feedback. -matthew.polevoy@cnn.com
Due to the fact that I'm a total jackass, I'm taking CNNMoney's prewritten blurb intimately. I know they want to hear exactly what I have to say so eventually I'm going to figure it out and tell them precisely what I think of them. Right now though, I'm enjoying my Diet Pepsi Lime and Jimmy Fallon's "Rejected Chair" bit.

Now that I'm done relaying that adventure, I'd like to point out that it was extremely difficult maintaining focus to tell a coherent story.

As a side note: I'd like to add that Jimmy Fallon's musical guest tonight, Santigold, is the same sort of musical guest that he used to make fun of on SNL. There's a strange sort of irony in that which makes me smile... Santigold is terrible.

Back to Twitter: Twitter is turning my soul black. I was just looking at some of Jimmy Fallon's photos on TwitPic and actually caught myself posting on one of them.

I think Rejected Chair needs a Twitter so we can all make sure he's doing ok. @RejectedChair don't worry, bro... you'll see more ass soon!!! XOXO
Unfortunately for me, I think that @RejectedChair is probably the wittiest thing I've come up with today. :(

Moving right along: Earlier today I was thinking about the whole Limbaugh/Steele fiasco. It makes me happy to watch the hard talking conservatives stumble over their own words, backtrack and then apologize to the guy who critisizes them all the time.

I'd have more to add about this but the Democratic party is having its fun on my behalf. However, there was a tastey little morself that I couldn't pass up. Look what popped up on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee servers earlier today. www.imsorryrush.com

I'm not totally sure but I think I'm bothered by the fact that I don't really care about hungry and homeless children in Africa but the Sarah McLaughlin commercials for the ASPCA make me cry endlessly. Actually, no. After some thought, I'm not bothered by that at all.

I am, however, incredibly bothered by those Extenze commericals and I desperately wish that CNN, AMC and the History Channel would stop airing them.

I think that its hilarious that Comcast is such a piece of shit company that the only commercial that it runs has the sound so consistantly fucked up that each time I see it, I think to myself "this is what it must have been like to be Helen Keller" since you can barely understand what the hell the jingle is supposed to sound like.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment