Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Found a Penny Behind the Refrigerator

Hi!

First and Foremost: My ex husband reads my blog and I have proof!

After updating this morning, I got a message from him via AIM (on a name that I have since blocked so he'll have to create yet another one to get in touch with me) in response to the screenshot that I posted:

MyExhusband (4:35:43 PM): just fyi... I was checking out the feature to that feature that sends out a request to join for another site.. wanted to see the functionality of it..and the 3 online booty calls were requests that people made to add me not actually a booty call. Anyway just thought I would clear up the confusion you had ..it would have taken me too long to sort through email addys and delete the ones you have from my contact list.
MyExhusband signed off at 4:39:17 PM.
MyExhusband is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

Word! Cuz 1 email address is like a ton of email addresses to weed through and sort out, right? Of course, this doesn't change the fact that he's using a website called OnlineBootyCall.com. Forget Match.com or eHarmony.com or Chemistry.com no no no... its all about that OnlineBootyCall.com.

I don't even know what to say!

Ok thats a lie but its not worth getting into. :)

Any-hoo... work was fun. I got bitched out by a devil of a man tonight just before I went home... the likes of which I had not seen since Leaving Las Vegas (woooo look at me using the movie reference!!!). I love getting yelled at or condescended by guests. Its seriously such a huge perk to working a hotel's front desk.

They sit up with their hoity-toity selves in their hoity-toity suites thinking that their hoity-toity words make me feel like an idiot but honestly, the truth is I try so hard not to laugh at these people while I'm talking to them on the phone. Tonight was no exception.

This dude calls down and I answer the phone, because thats what a good customer service representative does whenever anyone calls. "blah blah blah...how can I assist you?"

"Yes hello, uh I think my son was having a problem with his key getting into the door here but I'm not sure which door it was, it could have been 1416."

"Oh! Well sir, you're actually calling from 1408 right now--"

[He totally interrupts me here] "Yes, I know we have 1408. We're in the suite!"

[I totally cut him off in return] "Oh! I know sir. I just wasn't sure if you were talking about the room you were calling from or one of the others."

"Well if you'd listen to me, you'd already have the answer. Now as I was saying, my son is down there and he was having a problem with the key so if you see him let him know that the door works now!" [Click]

1st, I'm obviously the drunk one in this scenario.

2nd, I totally know who this man's son is just by looking at him.

I went back to my manager and let her know that he called since I was leaving for the night and started my story off with, "hey that guy is really super friendly!"

Ok enough of that!

Side note: My crush on Jimmy Fallon continues. Wheel of Carpet Samples was basically amazing! I'm so twittering Jimmy Fallon right now to let him know how great I thought it was!

Great now that thats done, what else happened today?

Hmm I broke a nail. That was pretty awful... now I have to cut all of them. Argh! Its times like these that I want to go behind the refrigerator because I think that was a good solution that Christopher Durang came up with in Baby With the Bathwater. I tried it earlier and came out about a week early. Unfortunately, I didn't really get anything sorted out, but I did find a penny!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad i found your blog. you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of poeticpisces blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete