Monday, March 9, 2009

Music is the Soundtrack of Our Lives... duh!

I wish I was more interesting.

If I was more interesting, more people would be interested in reading my blog. I guess I don't really care about other people reading it but I hate the fact that I'm only entertaining myself here.

But I think I'm not even entertaining myself. I'm sitting here watching the World Baseball Classic (Venezuela vs the US) at 3am because I want to learn about why this game is enjoyable since my hot-as-balls boyfriend plays.

Man, I got it bad.

I like the ShamWOW guy and I feel like less of a person for it. Btw, he's also the SlapChop guy now. I'm glad this man has been able to make a career of 30 second infomercials.

I find myself deeply perplexed at the moment. I look back on some of the awesome music that was around when I was a teenager and I feel like kids today are deprived. I got to listen to great stuff like Pearl Jam and REM and Nirvana and Soundgarden and Sublime and Green Day and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins and the Cranberries (god I loved the Cranberries!)... fuck even Madonna was good in the 90s, Britney Spears (you use the full name to distinguish that she hadn't gone insane yet) and Christina was still a wholesome pop princess and hadn't whored herself into Drrrrty yet.

But these kids today are stuck with stupid shit like Flo'Rida and Britney (post shaved head), Lady Ga Ga and Soulja Boy. Teenagers today are so desperately deprived of good music to listen to in the car that its unspeakable.

I mentioned this to my friend Andrew on MSN. He had some good points:

Andrew says (5:00 AM):
The 90s had two big things going musically for ti
Andrew says (5:01 AM):
1) Authenticity
Andrew says (5:01 AM):
The artist's had to write and sing the songs themselves
Andrew says (5:02 AM):
90s was grunge, anti major lable and bubble gum pop written by songwriters and put together by coporate heads
omg its Jen! says (5:02 AM):
HOW IS FLO'RIDA #1 ON BILLBOARD
omg its Jen! says (5:02 AM):
WHY
Andrew says (5:02 AM):
American Idol would have failed in the 90s, it was all about cred
Andrew says (5:03 AM):
2) Every generation parallels a previous generation
Andrew says (5:03 AM):
This happens because the children grow up on their parents music
Andrew says (5:03 AM):
and ideal
Andrew says (5:03 AM):
The kids of the 90s had the parents of the kids of the 60s
Andrew says (5:03 AM):
Late 60s
Andrew says (5:04 AM):
Notice how the 90s actually tried to bring back woodstock?
omg its Jen! says (5:04 AM):
Kanye's new album is like the closest thing to serious music
Andrew says (5:04 AM):
and then came the new 2000s and what show came on TV and became popular?
Andrew says (5:04 AM):
That 70s show

It goes without saying that I'm not musically inclined. But I really feel bad for my cousins that are all like 10 or 12 or 18 years younger than me and not having anything decent to listen to. Its no wonder that the violent crime rate is going up, these kids today have nothing good to listen to in order to feel like they can relate to someone so everything gets blown up in their faces.

Christ!

The past 2 days have not been my best attempts at getting my creative juices flowing here. I'd feel guilty but I'm really don't, I just feel uninteresting. I think its probably because I turned off my device notifications on Twitter, I miss CNNMoney. I look at it this way, I just changed my text tone to the intro of No Doubt's I'm Just a Girl so if CNNMoney starts looking me up again, I'll be able to hear more Gwen more often. Andrew had another perspective:

omg its Jen! says (6:09 AM):
I'm going back to tweeting CNNMoney
Andrew says (6:09 AM):
Geeze, just like the beaten wife


Its so true!

I think Terrell Owens getting released from Dallas is hilarious. Thats probably my favorite piece of newsworthy information from the weekend. He held a press conference after signing with the Bills for a year. He basically told the reporters that it wasn't where he wanted to be but he sees it as "leaving America's team to go to North America's team."

Aren't they all North America's teams, Terrell?

Why do they even still let him talk? Every time he opens his mouth, something idiotic or offensive comes out. No one wants to deal with him. Kids let this be a lesson to you: You can be as good as you want, but if you're a fucking moron no one's going to want to associate with you unless they're crappy.

Thats a great piece of advice, btw.

I don't understand baseball at all... but I think its adorable that the Asian teams have Asian cheerleaders.

I'm confused about what I should do for school. I want to go back but I'm so unfocused lately. I don't know if I could pull off stage management while living at home and working. I don't even know if I could get a loan to go back, it seems overwhelming. Fuck my life!

Oh hey! I'm going to see No Doubt on 6.13! And everything in my life is better!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment